AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics AX > DAX Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 28.08.2020, 15:12   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
kurthatlevik: D365 X++: I’m using InventABC as my template
Источник: https://kurthatlevik.com/2020/08/28/...s-my-template/
==============

Hi fellow developers.

Back in the early days I was at a good old Damgaard conference, and attended at a technical session. In this session one of the founding fathers of Axapta came up with the phrase “Copy with pride“. What he meant was to look at existing code and patterns in the X++ code, and to feel free to used and copy these patterns from the Microsoft code and use them in customer customizations and extensions. I have lived by this principle and “copied with pride” and encourage other to feel free to take my work and copy what they need.

One of the more common customization/extension requests is where we have a class that does some magic and have a dialog, query and can run in a recurring batch etc. I guess all developers have their own approach, and as the blog name suggest I’m using the InventABC* classes as a “copy with pride” for my code. I know this code is more than 20 years old, and I guess there are better and advanced patterns to use. I don’t say this pattern is the best, but for me it is a fast and easy way to create simple periodic recurring classes. Please any feedback is welcome, and feel free to share your approaches.

The InventABCUpdate do contain the code to creating a dialog, executing in batch, parameters and most of the code I need to create the code needed. After done, my final code does not resemble the original InventABCUpdate code, but for me it is a journey where I have fixed starting point and then make constant adjustments until I have reached the desired solution.

For any of you that is starting the journey of learning development in X++, and quite quickly being able to create solutions our customers it is well worth investment to study of the InventABC to classes and then speed up your coding experience.

Happy coding friends.

EDIT: The community responds quickly A better class to use could be Tutorial_RunBaseBatch

Источник: https://kurthatlevik.com/2020/08/28/...s-my-template/